Advanced Coop FA & Coop Lobby Mod v 1.0 (06-20-2010)
This mod is the continuation of spliff's and neruz's mod, namely Advanced Coop Mod.
The purpose of it is to allow several players in a team to share full control of their armies, economies, etc.
It includes the 4.4 version of the LEM by sorian, and the Big Map Preview of ThaPear (because they're cool and mod lobby too).
Therefore it is NOT COMPATIBLE with the LEM or Big Map Preview, or any other Lobby Mod by the way (sorry :p).
Also, as all .scd files do, This mod will desync with people who don't have it.Links :https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzbSsbfPeKMQQXZDcnVsVjJ0SGMhttp://www.mediafire.com/?cdcpn88tedy5tjdScreens !
That's what the lobby looks like. Ah yes, I took this before I added Big Map Preview so the button's not there, no biggie anyway you can view what it looks like there http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=46383
By the way, YES the menus in my screens are in french, so am I, so is my game. I don't think you'll have much trouble figuring out that it's the lobby :p
So let's explain the new lobby a little bit : I've added 2 new columns (which only display in multiplayer by the way) : first is the S-Team which means SubTeam or ShareTeam. 2 Players willing to share full control of their armies must first be in the same team, then choose the same subteam. This allows for flexibility, you can have 2 times subteam 1, one being team 1 and the other being team 2. More : suppose you have a 4 players team, and they wanna have 2 armies : 2 of them choose subteam 1 and the other 2 choose subteam 2 !
The second column, Leader, is to choose the leader of a subteam (this is always in relationship with the subteam choosed of course). The leader will be the colour the whole army gets, and if you choose the SubTeam Scatter "Grouped" Option, this will be where everyone spawns. Simple. Oh and there can only be one leader per subteam, of course (even if a ui bug allows 2 players in a subteam to check the leader checkbox, in the game there'll be only one).
This is the new option, SubTeam Scatter, which defines if non-leaders are spawned near the Leader or at their normal spawning point.
This is it ! You now have a 2 people's army :p
This is what chatting while allied looks like, you still keep your colour in the chat.
Aaaand now scattered, AND with an AI in the team (which does not get in the shared army)Installation :
- If you have the Lobby Enhancement Mod by sorian installed, please delete the 03_lobbyenhancement.scd file from your gamedata folder.
- Use the installer, provide it with your Supreme Commander Forged Alliance folder, and it should install it correctly :p
- In case the installer did something wrong,
- Extract 03_cooplobbymod.scd in your Supreme Commander Forged Alliance gamedata folder, e.g. C:/Program Files/THQ/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance/gamedata
- Extract Advanced Coop FA and Advanced Utils FA folders in your Mod folder, e.g. C:/Your account/My documents/My Games/Gas Powered Games/Supreme Commander Forged Alliance/Mods Usage :
- Go to the Mod Manager in EXTRA menu, activate the Advanced Coop FA mod and Advanced Utils FA
- Host a MULTIPLAYER game
- Enable Cheat codes
- Choose whether you want to spawn near the Leader or not (Grouped or Scattered)
- Form your subteams and choose a leader for each
- Play ! Important notes :
- This mod requires the CHEAT CODES to be ENABLED. Won't work without, I may try to search for a workaround about this, but this could take a long time.
- This mod DOES NOT WORK with AI players, on the contrary of the previous v2 and v3 versions by spliff (which by the way kinda "worked" with non-sorian AI but eventually caused the game to crash).
By this statement I mean : You CAN ally with AI or fight against them using this mod , but CANNOT share your army with them just like you can with humans.
I'm not planning to get it to work with AIs soon since I know nothing of their code at the moment. I may try too, but no promises.
- Due to the above issue, this mod is MULTIPLAYER ONLY.
- As in the Handicap Mod you MUST activate this mod in the Mod Manager OUSTIDE OF THE LOBBY since its activation mods the lobby.
- The whole subteam WILL LOSE if the Leader is disconnected or leaves the game. Might find a workaround for this one, dunno when.
- This Mod is INCOMPATIBLE with the Lobby Enhancement Mod (LEM) by sorian. In fact I modded the LEM 4.4 and included it here so please delete the 03_lobbyenhancement.scd file BEFORE adding this one.Insert title here :p
Hello, I'm Hyzual, new to the modding scene and this is my first mod. With permission from spliff, I have continued his work on the Advanced Coop Mod for FA and I am proud to present you this 4th Version.
Basically, I have modded the LEM ,also with sorian's approval, in order to give people more choice in their coop setting. Players now can :
- Choose whether they want to share their army or not using Subteams. A Subteam is a subdivision of a team where player share their armies with a Leader, e.g. In a 4 people team, there can be 2 Subteams, which will be 2 armies controlled each by 2 players.
- Choose the main army (and color) they want to use in coop. In the 3rd and 2nd versions, this was not allowed, the "first" player (which wasn't always the host) was chosen instead.
- Choose whether to spawn near the leader or at our original spawn point. This is done via the SubTeam Scatter option, "grouped" spawns subteam-mates near the leader while "scattered" spawns subteam-mates at their normal spawning point.
Unfortunately I have removed AIs from being in subteams, since when you shared your army with an AI in v2 or v3, the platoon.lua file modded by spliff would allow you to play with an AI but the whole game would crash eventually(in v3 it even rendered the AIs dumb, incapable of doing anything). It didn't work at all with Sorian AIs.
So, since it didn't work, I just removed them. They can still be your allies since they will be created with no subteam by default.Possible upgrades :
- Break the player limit for maps under 8 players, by allowing additionnal players to spawn in coop. This requires more lobby modding, and could maybe be done without touching the observers, an option suggested previously on the old Advanced Coop Thread.
- Support AIs. Not gonna happen soon, since I need to study the AI code for both normal and Sorian AI in order to prevent AIs from hogging control and allow human players to actually do anything.
- Remove the need for cheats. Don't know anything on that subject either, so no promises.Changed from v3 :
- Removed the three additionnal required mods (Advanced AI, AI Support and Mod Support from spliff) since I don't really know what spliff was planning to do with them and don't need them particularly.
- Removed the need for prebuilt to be activated
- Added an option box using LEM called SubTeam Scatter
- Added the subteam column to the lobby using LEM as well as its full support in the mod
- Added the leader column to the lobby using LEM
- Removed the "semi-random" choose of the leader to replace it with the Lobby checkbox
- Removed the annoying status renaming of units. This was useful to know what the AI was doing, but since I don't support the AI Coop anymore, I hid it. Those can still be activated via a global variable in the mod.
- Added the need for the mod to be loaded out of the lobby (as in Handicap Mod) since its activation determines what the lobby will look like.Known Bugs :
- When choosing a subteam, if there alreay is a leader the new subteam-mate's leader checkbox is supposed to be disabled until the current leader unchecks his checkbox (in order to ensure that there is only one leader per subteam). Changing anything else (e.g. subteam or even faction) causes the leader checkbox to be enabled again.
- Due to the above problem, there can be 2 leaders for a given subteam. Normally, the mod's code will choose the second one to be leader.
- The Second subteam-mate may have his name set incorrectly to be the leader's. A simple CTRL+N fixes this.
- The ACUs Thumbprint at the right of the UI in-game might get placed very high, in front of the score board. This is caused by the fact that the army has multiple ACUs (try LD's All factions Mod, it does the same).Known Incompatibilities :
- PowerLobby by Moritz2
- LEM by sorian (but this mod includes it)
- ThaPear's Lobby mod (but this mod includes the Big Map Preview Part)
- BlackOps Unleashed v3.2
- BlackOps ACU v2.9Credits :
- Sorian for the LEM mod which I used here
- spliff and neruz for the Advanced Coop Mod which I modified here
- ThaPear for the Big Map Preview Mod which I included there without modificationCopyrights & license :
- As the previous Advanced Coop Mod, this mod is free for non-commercial use. Please give credit / ask us before using our work. Thanks