you'll find this thread useful if;
1. you have an ATI card of some flavour,
2. your Sup2 looks like this;
this just happens to be caused by, a clever little performance improving, technology called Geometric Instancing being disabled on your card. it appears that the Moho Engine (used in both SupCom and Demigod) makes use of this, and it vainly tries to continue even when it's been disabled.
as you can see; the results are amusing, but not at all useful for play.
fortunately, it's rectified with no further ill effects by re-enabling Geometric Instancing at any point in time.
now, if you're a sufferer of a lack of Instancing, here's a simple tutorial on fixing it;
1. download ATI Tray Tools, as per THIS LINK HERE (don't worry, you can uninstall it later),
2. install it (well, duh),
3. you'll likely be asked to turn off some services (namely; ATI HotKey Service) in order to do something about low-level overclocking
4. once ATITool is up and running, point to Tweaks -> Standard Tweaks,
- don't disable them unless you plan on making further use of ATITool,
- disabling them doesn't contribute anything to fixing your graphics.
5. tick Geometry Instancing,
- as an optional extra you may want to Enable/Toggle 'Optimise Pixel Shader Code',
- someone (who helped with this tutorial, thanks goodgimp) found toggling this for a short length of time was also required.
DOWNLOAD LINK: http://downloads.guru3d.com/ATI-Tray-Tools-18.104.22.1682-download-733.html
(in case you missed it the first time)PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD, AT ALL!
if the tutorial hasn't worked, make a new thread and tell us that you've already tried this.
i know i'm awesome and all, but leave your thanks to the Karma system instead.
- thanks to RustyNuts for letting me steal that screen cap.
- something that wasn't mentioned; this applies to the Sup2 demo, AND to the finished product. it's not a bug per-say with the game, as such; don't expect to see a fix made by GPG.
But, an FA army in an FA environment just looks... right.
Does anyone know how to use air transports? I cant get them to pick up troops.