Second Version, Release
2 (shows up as version 1 in the vault, don't worry about that)
Number of players:
up to 4
The Vault, search for "Survival Extreme" or user "tecxx"
survival extreme teamgame team game defense defensive
This is for FA only. For a SC version please download "King of the Hill"
Welcome to Survival EXTREME
This is a scripted teamgame scenario/mission which comes with it's own ruleset and game modes. If you know my map "King Of The Hill": This is nearly the same, but updated for FA.
Every minute, a new wave of enemy units spawn, starting randomly at one of the 8 spawngates. Try to stay alive and build up a good defense, then move out and try to destroy the spawn gates. Let me assure you, this won't be an easy task! From easy tech1 units you'll be confronted with tech2 and tech3 attack groups, enemy subcommander squads and even countless experimentals. At some point in the game T3 heavy artillery spawns in to give you some more serious pounding...
Due to the randomness of the game script, everything will be different each time you play. Some examples where randomness is used:
- starting position of a spawn wave
- composition of the attack waves (e.g. a group can consist of 5 Tanks and 3 AA, or maybe 1 Tank and 7 Shields...)
- type of formation (e.g. rectangular or in a line ...)
- enemy unit's way from starting position to hilltop is randomized with several different waypoints
- enemy subcommanders get random upgrades or no upgrade at all
Resources are spawned according to the number of players: for one player, there is a specific enemy unit count in each wave. For every additional player, the unit count is multiplied by the number of players.
Alliances are set automatically, all players are automatically allied at game start. You do not need to set teams in the lobby. Also, you can play this with any faction you like.
customizing the game
In the game lobby, where you select the map, you have some additional options to customize the gameplay to your needs.
For example, if you think this is just way too hard for you, you can adjust the wait times between each wave of the difficulty (=number of enemies per wave). On the other hand, if you're bored all the time, you can make the game much harder of course.
On a sidenote, an interesting combination of settings is to set the difficulty to "very hard" or "insane" and raise the pause time between the waves. This gives you a massive ammount of enemies but a good deal of time to build up defenses. Lot's of fun guaranteed!
If you do not set any options, they default to their standard values, NOT to the first values in the dropdown lists. This is a known issue in supreme commander, i can't fix it. So, again: if you want to just play with default (recommended) values, don't touch the settings. If you want your own values, modify them as you need.
TODO - next version(s)
* (maybe) balancing based on player feedback.
- minor changes in wave spawn tables (e.g. more experimentals, less subcommanders)
- enemy subcommanders have a chance to get no upgrade, makes it a bit easier
- moved positions of hydrocarbon spots and mex spots
- you can now select what kind of object you have to defend (mavor, resource generator,
residential structure, control center, or nothing)
- a bit of code cleanup
- destroying a spawngate or special weapon gets you a 1000 points score bonus
- game restarts at wave 30 after 60 rounds have spawned, and units have a health multiplier
based on the loop count
- several scathis are spawned at the edges of the map to prevent the player from building outside
the hilltop (until you the destroy them, of course)
- enemies no longer spawn in the same order every time, they are now randomized +-5 spawn waves up or down.
initial release, with the following changes compared to "King Of The Hill"
- new heightmap
- new texture maps
- 60 waves instead of 45
- new resources layout
- after wave 60 a special surprise spawns
- every 5th wave is a "silent" wave to accomodate the harder resource management introduced in FA
- added all new units for aeon, uef, cybran and seraphim