Login  Register

PostPosted: 11 Feb, 2013 

So the kickstarter has been cancelled, but does that mean Wildman has as well?

From the email I received minutes ago:

Kickstarter email wrote:
Greetings Kickstarters.

We have some news today. We are canceling the Wildman Kickstarter.
At this point, it makes sense for us to focus our attention on other ways to keep Gas Powered Games running. Unfortunately, we are unable to share any specifics in public. When we have news to share, we will be posting it on our site. If you want status updates, or if you want to continue discussing Wildman and/or this Kickstarter, please consider migrating over to forums.gaspowered.com.
We are profoundly grateful to those of you who backed this project and Gas Powered Games. Your passion and hard work put us in a position to write this exciting new chapter in the history of GPG.

I dunno, it sounds to me from the email that GPG has found a publisher for one of their titles, especially the part about it being vague where they talk about other ways to keep GPG running ,but are not able to share specifics in public. If they were outright closing down, they probably could share details, but this sounds like some sort of publisher involvement to me, otherwise they could say more. They talked about in the email about how "Your passion and hard work put us in a position to write this exciting new chapter in the history of GPG". An exciting new chapter does not sound like the end of the company to me, which would seem like an inevitability if they had ended this kickstarter without some new means of financial support.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Falcrack on 11 Feb, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I think you are good at reading between the lines.

- Servo

I hope that GPG keeps community relations open.

I want to see you guys more!

I definitely agree. I think a publisher seeing the public intrest in GPG and their respective properties has made a move. :D

i wonder if its wildman or something else, that gets funded by a publisher... I would guess, its something else...

:lol:

Here's hoping Wildman is still go

Community Manager
Community Manager

HeadClot wrote:
I hope that GPG keeps community relations open.

I want to see you guys more!

Hopefully our track record speaks for itself. When GPG is not constrained by NDAs and Publishers restrictions (admittedly a rare situation), our comfort zone is go completely over the top on interacting with the community. Your enthusiasm is frankly exhilarating and keeps us going even in the darkest of times.

- Servo

By looking the video #12 in update #14 makes me sure, GPG will going on.

I wish you all well /cry it was fun having so many random conversations with you

@flashmanandy

Whatever happens, I hope they make more vlogs. I just watched all the K&C vlogs again this weekend. Chris Taylor's comedic genius + great editing = LMAO!

Looks like my plan is ruined! :P

I had this scheme set up where I won the lottery, flew across the Atlantic, snatched up the rights to the TA franchise and used my new-found wealth to secure GPG so they could make Wildman, then Kings and Castles and finally TA 2. All without publisher interference. :D

I'm not just saying that, I would have done it in a heartbeat!

sykopat wrote:
Looks like my plan is ruined! :P

I had this scheme set up where I won the lottery, flew across the Atlantic, snatched up the rights to the TA franchise and used my new-found wealth to secure GPG so they could make Wildman, then Kings and Castles and finally TA 2. All without publisher interference. :D

I'm not just saying that, I would have done it in a heartbeat!

The lottery rarely works. Just sayin'

I know, it was a crazy scheme. :P

God I hope so much they found a publisher, that would be awesome. It'd also explain why they cancelled the project 4 days before the end, which is sort of useless. Please let it be! :p

Do we get one more live stream with Bruce and Matt.... That was sorta the highlight of my week right there...

If they hadn't found a publisher, either for Wildman or some other title, then it truly wouldn't make sense to cancel 4 days before the end, better to just pray and hope it would make it. A publisher for either Wildman or some other title makes the most sense.

But if they found support for Wildman in the form of a publisher, why would they not simply let the kickstarter run its course? Perhaps it is not Wildman, but something else which is being funded?

I just hope that if they do make Wildman, it's not left to rot by the publisher after it's developed. I would really love to see GPG retain something it has come up with.

There needs to be a GPG mailing list to keep us ex-backers in the loop :)

Jameak wrote:
I just hope that if they do make Wildman, it's not left to rot by the publisher after it's developed. I would really love to see GPG retain something it has come up with.

There needs to be a GPG mailing list to keep us ex-backers in the loop :)

I agree with this 100%

Here, here - I agree.

If anything this kickstarter made me a bigger GPG fan then I already was. Keep us in the loop and let us back you up on future endeavors - whatever they may be.

I really hope you found an investor/publisher for Wildman and/or Mercury. Both looked very interesting. But I'd be happy if you guys just kept going with literally anything until you can pull GPG back on it's feet!

Not surprised to see you are still here Servo. Good luck to you guys! :D

I'm looking forward in hearing the latest news. :)

I have high hopes for GPG.

Well, lets hope we all get to play Wildman sometime next year. Good luck. :roll:
Long live GPG.

Bluepill wrote:
Well, lets hope we all get to play Wildman sometime next year. Good luck. :roll:
Long live GPG.

LONG LIVE GPG!

LONG LIVE GPG!

LONG LIVE GPG!

We may have lost this battle brothers but our defeat only makes us stronger.

We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. We do not know what we are facing, so we fight as if it was the dark gods themselves. No one will remember us now and we may never be buried beneath Titan, so we will build our own memorial here. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy - the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. When Chaos is dying, its last thought will be of us. That is our memorial - carved into the heart of Chaos. We cannot lose, Grey Knights. We have already won.

-Justicar Alaric of the Grey Knights

Sad to hear the kickstarter cancelled. Hope the alternatives work out, whether a publisher signs GPG to develop Wildman or another game.

Going forward, if possible and financially feasible, GPG should working on their own projects regardless of big publisher funded games developed concurrently at GPG or even kickstarter funded games.

Consider something that only takes a 5-6 man team, games that work on tablets, but which recall the gameplay of GPG games, perhaps smaller scale ARPG and RTS. Once GPG gets a few smaller games out there, hopefully they can act as a buffer against this sort of thing in the future. The backlist library also make great kickstarter add-ons.

Quick Tools

Search for:
Jump to:  

© 2002-2010 Gas Powered Games Corp. All Rights Reserved. Gas Powered Games is the exclusive trademark of Gas Powered Games Corp.