Login  Register

PostPosted: 05 Feb, 2013 

I have found that everyone playing this game either cheats, acu rushes, goes for mass conversions right away without building mexes, or isn't very good at the game. I rarely see people take more than 6 mass extractors in a a game, and people usually just spam AA, artillery, shields, and point defense. If there is ANYONE who is a decent player and doesn't turtle every single game than please play me. (Bobnmike)

PostPosted: 06 Feb, 2013 

kmike13 wrote:
I have found that everyone playing this game either cheats, acu rushes, goes for mass conversions right away without building mexes, or isn't very good at the game. I rarely see people take more than 6 mass extractors in a a game, and people usually just spam AA, artillery, shields, and point defense. If there is ANYONE who is a decent player and doesn't turtle every single game than please play me. (Bobnmike)

Calling everyone cheaters and noobs is a GREAT way to get people to play with you. Mmhmm.

PostPosted: 08 Feb, 2013 

Have you played supreme commander 2 for the xbox?

PostPosted: 09 Feb, 2013 

kmike13 wrote:
Have you played supreme commander 2 for the xbox?
Yes I have. Played the PC version to. Had no problems.

PostPosted: 09 Feb, 2013 

No problems on the Xbox version????? The pc version is fine. But I would find it very hard to believe you ha no problems on the Xbox version. When was the last time you played it?

PostPosted: 11 Feb, 2013 

Yes i now also started playing SupCom2 on Xbox 360, i played like 10 online games now,
and i couldnt help but notice that as good as everyone i played with was cheating.
(not everyone, i have had a few cool matches as well, with nice and friendly people :wink: )
they usualy use a glitch that gives them infinite mass,
i rarely see anyone building even -1- mass extractor..

I only just started to get the hang of building orders,
to get a base up and running and trying to rush my opponents,
but by the time i get there, if it a large map like setons clutch,
they already have 10+ research stations after 1-2 minutes
10+ factories, and after 5-10 minutes there are already several loyalty guns at the choke point..
if they arent aeon then they have several artillery stations before i get to their base once.

So basicly, the only way to win, if it goes on like this,
is having to cheat yourself, because if you dont, you simply lose.

So please, if anyone wants to actually -play- this game instead of cheating to win,
add me as a friend on xbox 360, my account is Mister Zos.
than we can play private matches without any cheaters.

I am also still learning this game,
so being able to actualy use a certain tactic online (for example rushing) could be really helpfull.
How could i ever learn to play this game decently online, (aka "unnoob" myself :roll: )
if my opponents constantly cheat?..

P.S. I sincerely hope that GPG fixes this glitch, (there are several of these glitches)
and adds more cool stuff to the xbox version of supcom2.

GPG has stated in the past they would love to patch SupCom2 on Xbox, but the publisher (Square Enix) is not willing to pay for the patch (which costs a substantial amount cost apparently). It is up to the publisher to approve a patch.

Here is an idea of the fees Microsoft charges to patch a game on the Xbox 360

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/07/m ... patch-fee/

So I wouldn't hold your breath.

They aren't going to patch it, and reporting them does nothing either

Quote:
GPG has stated in the past they would love to patch SupCom2 on Xbox, but the publisher (Square Enix) is not willing to pay for the patch (which costs a substantial amount cost apparently). It is up to the publisher to approve a patch.

Here is an idea of the fees Microsoft charges to patch a game on the Xbox 360

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/07/m ... patch-fee/

So I wouldn't hold your breath.

I cant help but wonder...
Why the hell is patching a game's fatal bugs/glitches/errors so expensive?
does microsoft make these patches themselves?
if that is the case, they still ask too much money for it..
If someone else makes the patch,
then microsoft simply makes this patch available for download.
and then they definatly ask too much..

It sounds to me like the gaming industry consists of greedy bastards mostly...
I understand that they have to make a profit,
but seriously, arent they already swimming in enough money?...
Perhaps if they stopped lighting their cigars with dollar bills,
they would have the spare money to make a game like this at the very least playable..

PostPosted: 12 Feb, 2013 

Microsoft does not make the patches themselves, they simply charge huge fees to the game company for submitting the patch.

I think they are concerned that a patch to a game will come along and introduce issues that could actually harm the Xbox360 unit, so the money is to be used in order to validate that the new patch does not cause problems. Or perhaps they are using this fee a way to discourage releasing anything but a fully polished game. Still, I think they may be shooting themselves in the foot with such a policy.

PostPosted: 26 Feb, 2013 

I don't use the 'Mass' glitch, it takes the fun out of the game. I remember when I put the disk in my Xbox and saw an update, I got excited, only to find out that NOTHING changed.

If you'd like to play with me:

iMaGiCiix

I've just started playing this game, (took a 5 month break) so don't expect me to me a pro player.

PostPosted: 07 May, 2013 

I just played SC2 online and got beaten instantly. Second time I played I was allied with a player who also used this tactic you described. The others left.
I really don't like the idea of nukes or artillery. In a RTS it's about making units and placing them tactically. Form great armies and stuff. Infiltrate and destroy bases. Get through your opponents' defences. Not build some gun that can destroys everything from affar. Where is the fun in that?
The experimental buildings are just OP in comparrison to everything else.

The turtle tactic is making a really good defense so you can get resources and amass your armies, not to just shoot and nuke everyone from that stronghold.
The guerrilla-tactic isn't even viable anymore as the artillery just magically knows where everything is.
And the only counter against artillery is the bomb-bouncer. A faction exclusive entity that also costs pretty much research points and resources as well as building time. Before you even can make this guy your base is already ruined.

Quick Tools

Search for:
Jump to:  

© 2002-2010 Gas Powered Games Corp. All Rights Reserved. Gas Powered Games is the exclusive trademark of Gas Powered Games Corp.