Login  Register

If it were a kickstarter, would you pledge?
No 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Yes, enough to get the game 55%  55%  [ 12 ]
Yes a substantial amount potentially 36%  36%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 22
 PostPosted: 09 Nov, 2012 

I mean, why not? It seems like just the sort of game that while publishers may shy away from it, fans of the RTS genre would be happy to see made. GPG has already invested a fair amount of time and effort, as seen by the video blogs, so they would have plenty of good stuff to show on the kickstarter video. Lots of people already know about it and would be willing to advertise it through word of mouth. I'm the type of person who has only pledged once, for Planetary Annihilation, but this would easily turn into pledge number 2.

Kings and Castles can continue to sit idle on hard drives at GPG (unless I am mistaken and they are secretly working on it right now), but I think that it could make a very successful kickstarter project.

PostPosted: 09 Nov, 2012 

Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer

Enough to get the game, but I reserve my right to pledge substantially more if it looks fantastically good.

I'm not going whole-hog straight away because I've already committed myself to PA, Dysis, Eve, and MWO.

Does anyone know how to use air transports? I cant get them to pick up troops.

PostPosted: 30 Dec, 2012 

Yes I would pledge! Especially if it was built around mapping and modding with easy distribution thru the Steam Workshop.

PostPosted: 16 Jan, 2013 

Well Kings and castles has been put on full hold now as Chris Taylor has stated they do not have experance of doing a game from scratch. Thats why there starting on a game like wildfire 1st to know what they have to do and hopefully that will help with teh development of K&C in the future as he's stated.

So its just a waiting game now :)

GPGnet Vault

Quick Tools

Search for:
Jump to:  

© 2002-2010 Gas Powered Games Corp. All Rights Reserved. Gas Powered Games is the exclusive trademark of Gas Powered Games Corp.