Login  Register

PostPosted: 28 Jan, 2013 

I just noticed this warning messages appearing in the log using Sorian but with all other mods disabled.

Code:
info: Hooked /lua/ai/aiarchetype-managerloader.lua with /schook/lua/ai/aiarchetype-managerloader.lua
warning: Error running lua script: ...medata\sorian_ai_pack.scd\lua\ai\sorianutilities.lua(776): bad argument #1 to `insert' (table expected, got nil)
         stack traceback:
            [C]: in function `insert'
            ...medata\sorian_ai_pack.scd\lua\ai\sorianutilities.lua(776): in function `AISendChat'
            ...r - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\aibrain.lua(4809): in function `PickEnemyLogicSorian'
            ...r - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\aibrain.lua(4733): in function <...r - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\aibrain.lua:4730>
warning: Error running lua script: ...medata\sorian_ai_pack.scd\lua\ai\sorianutilities.lua(776): bad argument #1 to `insert' (table expected, got nil)
         stack traceback:
            ...medata\sorian_ai_pack.scd\lua\ai\sorianutilities.lua(776): in function `AISendChat'
            ...r - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\aibrain.lua(4809): in function `PickEnemyLogicSorian'
            ...r - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\aibrain.lua(4733): in function <...r - forged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\aibrain.lua:4730>
         stack traceback:
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/sim/blip.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/scoreaccum.lua\000'
info: *AI DEBUG: ARMY \0001\000: Initiating Archetype using SorianMainBalanced
info: *AI DEBUG: ARMY \0002\000: Initiating Archetype using SorianMainRush
info: *AI DEBUG: ARMY \0003\000: Initiating Archetype using SorianMainBalanced
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/editor/miscbuildconditions.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/editor/instantbuildconditions.lua\000'
warning: Error running lua script: ...ged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ai\aiutilities.lua(2785): attempt to call method `GetArmyStartPos' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
            ...ged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ai\aiutilities.lua(2785): in function `AIFindFirebaseLocationSorian'
            ...ian_ai_pack.scd\lua\editor\sorianbuildconditions.lua(618): in function `?'
            ...\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua(514): in function `CheckCondition'
            ...\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua(465): in function <...\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua:451>
warning: Error running lua script: ...ged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ai\aiutilities.lua(2785): attempt to call method `GetArmyStartPos' (a nil value)
         stack traceback:
            ...ged alliance\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\ai\aiutilities.lua(2785): in function `AIFindFirebaseLocationSorian'
            ...\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua(514): in function `CheckCondition'
            ...\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua(465): in function <...\gamedata\lua.scd\lua\sim\brainconditionsmonitor.lua:451>
debug: Loading module '\000/effects/entities/unitteleport01/unitteleport01_script.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/sim/defaultprojectiles.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/sim/projectile.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/defaultantiprojectile.lua\000'
         stack traceback:
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/renderselectparams.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/rallypoint.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/controls/worldmesh.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/commandgraphparams.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/commandwaypoint.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/ui/game/commandgraph.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/units/xsb0101/xsb0101_script.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/units/ueb0101/ueb0101_script.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/tarmacs.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/units/urb0101/urb0101_script.lua\000'

I suffer crashes or freezes once every 4-5 times I'd play the game. Please help. Thanks.

Last edited by bofhlusr on 01 Feb, 2013, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 31 Jan, 2013 

Knock, knock. Anyone home?

No answer?

bofhlusr wrote:
I just noticed this warning messages appearing in the log using Sorian but with all other mods disabled.

Code:
info: Hooked /lua/ai/aiarchetype-managerloader.lua with /schook/lua/ai/aiarchetype-managerloader.lua
warning: Error running lua script: ...medata\sorian_ai_pack.scd\lua\ai\sorianutilities.lua(776): bad

I suffer crashes or freezes once every 4-5 times I'd play the game. Please help. Thanks.

PostPosted: 31 Jan, 2013 

would be interesting to see the final messages in your log.

Also - does this occur when Sorian is turned off ? or only when Sorian is on ?

PostPosted: 01 Feb, 2013 

Sprouto wrote:
would be interesting to see the final messages in your log.

Also - does this occur when Sorian is turned off ? or only when Sorian is on ?

I did some tests. Must have rebooted my PC 20-30 times. It's looking like the warning messages are popping up when only Sorian and the Lobby Enhancement Mod ver 4.4 are the only mods loaded. Sorian by itself does not result in the warnings. Only when I load the Lobby mod. I need to do more tests. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks Sprouto.

Glad to help - those error messages are rather severe - its no wonder you're getting problems.

And I thought the lobby mod was included in the Sorian mod already.

Sprouto wrote:
Glad to help - those error messages are rather severe - its no wonder you're getting problems.

I did more tests. I can repeat the error. These warning messages come up only when the Lobby Enhancement Mod (LEM v4.4) mod is loaded.

I'm using the non-Steam Forged Alliance version 1.5.3599 and Sorian v2.1.1 on Windows 7 64 bit with no anti-virus, and playing Skirmish (no multiplayer).

I downloaded LEMv4.4 on the chance that my copy was corrupted. It made no difference. I downloaded the newest version, LEMv4.6. It has other issues that I'd rather not deal with. I couldn't even get it to work (it would hang on the 'connecting screen').

The next logical question is: am I the only one experiencing this problem. To check if you have the same problem, start FA by adding the /showlog parameter in your desktop shortcut to the game like so (right click on the game icon, select Properties, Shortcut tab, Target field):

"D:\Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance\bin \ForgedAlliance.exe" /showlog

The quotes are important because Windows hates spaces between words.

Since these are just warnings, I've ignored it in the past but I suspect these problem contributes to why my PC hangs 1 out of every 4-5 long skirmish games. My PC has 16 GB of memory, lots of disk space, and the CPU is powerful enough for this game 4.3 GHz quad core Intel.

Please help.

Quick Tools

Search for:
Jump to:  

© 2002-2010 Gas Powered Games Corp. All Rights Reserved. Gas Powered Games is the exclusive trademark of Gas Powered Games Corp.