Login  Register

PostPosted: 04 Feb, 2013 

Hey there,

I'm creating maps for supcom with Terragen and World Machine, it works perfectly. I can use the heightmaps in the Supcom map editor but so far i have been unable to use the splendid textures these 2 programs make and paste them "as is" in the map editor.

I've been looking around on the net for a way to do so and found the .dds file format to play with the textures. I installed the Nvidia pluggin for PhotoShop but could not find anything that explains what i can do with that and how it works. And i did not find it for myself.

Anyone know if there is a way to do so?

Thanks

Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Moved to map creation.

Im not sure I understand your question.
You just open your textures in whatever format they are with photoshop and save them as ;dds files preferably in DTX5, and that it is.

This may help!
http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Height-_/_Texturemaps_with_image_editing_tools

PS: I'm curious to see your maps, are you going to release them on FAF vault ?

PostPosted: 05 Feb, 2013 

I'll explain myself better:

Basically, i want to use the texturing tools terragen uses in order to texture my maps. So far i was unable to do so and that's my point in being here. Heightmap was easy to import, i used world machine to build it and the official pre-alpha supcom mapeditor handled the raw file without a scratch.

Playing with the mapeditor (again, the official one, not HazardX's...), i'm unable to handle the dds files: import/export, or anything that relates with .dds anyway, apart painting. There's the one that are there and that's all i'm able to play with.

Is there something that i miss?

I could read about the post you linked here but overlooked it because i wanted to use the official supcom mapeditor. I just decided to try it out (HazardX) just about 10 minutes ago, right after reading your post, but my heightmap didn't import properly. (heights are exagerated, it just looks like a nailbed instead of a mountainous map) This might just be easily solved, i'm just a bit tired right now. If you have a hint, you can tell me otherwise i'll push on it later.

Anyway, my point would be to use the official mapeditor. If you know a thing or 2 about that, i'd appreciate you tell me.

Clearer?

Thanks

Edit:

Yes, i hope to make some available on the vault.

PostPosted: 06 Feb, 2013 

1. The link I posted also works with SupCom Map Editor (SSE).

2. To use custom textures with SSE you have to first make a .scd file with them that you will put in gamedata folder for the editor to recognize them and be able to use them.

3. If you release the map on FAF vault and for other players to be able to play it you will have to include the custom textures files you used in the map folder, hoping they are not too heavy.

4. Long time ago I did a map with custom textures it is called Canyon SC2 you can have a look at it is in the vault.

Hope that helps.

Quick Tools

Search for:
Jump to:  

© 2002-2010 Gas Powered Games Corp. All Rights Reserved. Gas Powered Games is the exclusive trademark of Gas Powered Games Corp.